25 June 2007

Burn, baby, burn...

Ouch. Saturday we had a ward pool party. I wear sunscreen like it's going out of style, so I slathered it on before the party. I even worked really hard to get my back, since it never sees the sun. It was hard to do, because I have small arms! But I felt like I got it a fair amount.

Well, Saturday night I was in a bit of pain, besides being totally exhausted from the sun. After examining the situation, I can tell that I am BURNED. Not bad enough to have blisters, but bad enough that I have to adjust how I sleep and my clothing is causing me great pain.

So where did I burn? Not my face. Not really on my arms. Not so much on my back, but a bit (you can actually see finger marks from the places where I did get the sunscreen.)

Sadly, I am burned on my shoulders, both on the tops of them and just on the back side, like my shoulder bones on my back. Apparently, when I was sunscreening my back, I only did the parts in between the straps of the suit.

I am in crazy tons of pain. Last night when we were playing cards, I asked my friends if they thought I would be able to call in sunburned to work. They didn't think that would play out. It's true. But I had to train today anyway, so it was fine. But I hurt.

And the part that totally bugs me? (Besides the fact that I am super dedicated with my sunscreen and this NEVER happens to me...) I couldn't get my sunscreen on very well because it's hard for me to reach (no one to help) and now I need aloe and I still have no one to help put that on!!! Lame...

Ouch.

5 comments:

somebody's parents said...

I am sorry you got burned. You are the most careful person I know with Sunscreen. If you slip up, I am doomed... I hope you get to feeling better.

somebody's mother said...

Ouch, sorry. By tomorrow it will feel lots better.

More Bacon said...

It still hurts. Pretty bad, actually. I was talking to a friend last night at FHE and I told her that I wanted to call in sunburned to work. She didn't think that would fly. But I had told her earlier that all of my clothes were rubbing against it, making it worse, and that all I wanted to do was go around topless. She said that I should call in to work and say that either I wasn't coming in, or I was coming in topless. :)

I am at work. I have a shirt on.

LL said...

I obsessively put sunscreen on both of the boys and they've never burned, but even with sunscreen they're turning brown. Maybe they're just predisposed to having dark skin. Or maybe they need a bath. Hmm.

More Bacon said...

Hmm...both seem possible. Maybe it's a combination of dirtiness and predisposition to dark skin.