01 February 2013

Photo Blog - Week One

Last year, my sister LL took a picture every day and posted it to her blog, one post for each week. It was called Project 366, and it was awesome. I loved every post. I loved seeing her kids, her life, everything. So late last year, I decided I'd take a picture every day this year to share with you all.

And so far, I've done a pretty good job of it.

Except for the posting part. It's now February, and I haven't posted any! So here it is, the first week. I'll try to keep caught up on the posting, and it's totally possible that toward the end of the year I'll run out of ideas of things to take pictures of, but we'll see what happens.

So, Project 365. Here we go.


Tuesday, January 1

Today, I had tickets to War Horse. The broadway production was closing this week, so I finally made myself go since I've heard wonderful things about it but have just been too lazy to go. It was playing at Lincoln Center, which has a great program where people 35 years old and under can buy cheap tickets online to pick up there, so I did it. Here's a bunch of people milling around, waiting to go into the theater. It was really, really cold outside, so no one was waiting out there.



And since I was there, I took this last quick picture of Avery Fisher Hall. That's where I'll have my graduation in a few short months. So exciting!



Wednesday, January 2

I was looking for salad dressing in the store today and saw this "salad cream" which is, apparently, "pourable sunshine."


I did not buy it.

Thursday, January 3


I love Panera. This is the salad I had tonight.

Friday, January 4


In New York, I often feel like there isn't enough celebration of Christmas. But after Christmas, I always see how many people had Christmas trees. If you put them out on the street (where garbage collection goes), the City picks them up and chips and recycles them in the parks and such. But for some reason, it takes a long, long time for the trees to be picked up. Here is a pile I've walked past several times before I took this picture. When there's snow on the ground, you end up with a weird pile of snow and trees and garbage all mixed together. But this year, there hasn't been much snow, so there are just big piles of trees like this all over, waiting to be picked up and recycled.

Saturday, January 5



Lots of New York City buildings have good landscaping in front of them in little boxes with the trees that line the streets. In the summer, spring, and fall, they usually have beautiful flowers. In the winter, they have lots of ornamental cabbages. I took this picture because it was an example of a terrible batch of ornamental cabbages. Uh, good effort, folks...

Sunday, January 6


For the first two weeks of the year, I was in an intensive trial advocacy class. It was all day, every day, and it was exhausting. This is a picture from our bench trial (trial in front of just a judge, no jury). I wanted to show you the Moot Court Room at my school. This isn't the best picture, but it does show you the front where I had to sit for this thing. Intimidating, right? The guy in the picture is my trial partner, and sitting up on the bench is the woman who served as our judge, who is actually a federal judge in Florida. Totally, totally intimidating, but rocked.

And the tree pile was bigger, so I took another picture. I couldn't figure out why more people still had trees in their apartments, but...



Monday, January 7

My school has some potted plants inside. This one is dead. It looked dead in November, and it looks even more dead now. So I took another picture, because Somebody'sMother is really enjoying this dead tree...

3 comments:

LL said...

Loved the pourable sunshine! You should give it a try. Might brighten up a dark, cold winter day.

Those cabbages are funny. Reminds me of our yard. A little effort happened, but then....

That is the best dead tree ever. Please continue to document its demise. :-)

YAY! I'm so glad you're doing the pictures. I've never known anyone else who did this, and you are right - it is fun to see snapshots of life. :-)

Vernon said...

Thanks for sharing you life in pictures with us. No wonder that plant died, it is all alone poor thing. Love the pictures, keep it up Love Grandma

Emily said...

I LOVE the pictures. If I knew I could stick to it, I'd do the same! I'll be looking forward to little snapshots of your life!