I often see this trash can being moved around at school. It has a "re-elect Hillary" bumper sticker on it. That is not a recent thing... At least it's a trash can and not a car; probably awkward when your car has a bumper sticker that has been obsolete for several years.
One of my friends and I went out to dinner tonight. Would you like the vegetarian duck?
And here, you can see what all the kinds of curry can make you feel. Wanna feel sexy? Hot? Good? Different? There's a curry for you!
There are little coffee carts all over the city. They also sell pastries and things. I've never stopped at one. I periodically pass one like this that cracks me up. This one wants to advertise coffee and donuts, so the sign scrolls between those two words. However, instead of a steady scroll, it pauses. It pauses for a long, long time. So it either says "Coffee Don" or "Fee Donuts."
Thursday, January 31
There's been a school bus strike here in the city January 16. This has been really, really difficult for all of the parents here, particularly the working parents. Some of my school colleagues are parents, and they've had to miss a ton of classes trying to get their child to school, then from school to an after school program, etc.
For me, on my very shallow level, this has been inconvenient because there are just kids EVERYWHERE. They're all over the subway, walking down the street, just everywhere. Here's a pile of kids walking down the street in the after-school part of the day.
A firefighter, not fighting a fire, but doing something else. I saw him standing there on my walk home and thought I'd take a picture. So I did.
Something bad happened to this sign.
Friday, February 1
Happy 100th birthday, Grand Central Terminal!
Saturday, February 2
Today I made the trek to Costco. This is what my Costco looks like, from the side. It's the only Costco in Manhattan, and it's in a big building. It's on the ground floor, while there's a Petsmart in the basement, a Target above, and some other stuff above that.
Another shot, with fewer people.
And my giant cart filled with groceries. Right after this picture, I had to lug it up two flights of stairs. When I go to Costco, I have to take this giant, giant cart, and then I always regret it when I get home because my stuff is so heavy.
Sunday, February 3
Little dusting of snow this morning.
Monday, February 4
Looking downtown out a window at school.














2 comments:
That menu was hilarious. You could order hot and sexy! I'm curious to know what pp island noodle street walk would do for you... Order that one next time and then walk down the street and see if you feel like a noodle. Let me know how that goes.
I love the menu. I think I am feeling like...I want to be alive:)
Wow to the costco. I can't imagine a building with so many stores in one building all on different levels:)
Post a Comment