One of my very best friends at law school just had her first baby. I made this blanket for the baby when I was in Utah for the holidays, since I could borrow a sewing machine there. I've been so excited for the baby to finally be born so I could give them the blanket! Finally, a week overdue, my friend had her baby about a week ago. Today, I was wrapping the blanket up to take it to the bris in the morning.
And I stopped to get a card for the gift. I love the blue sign that says "I'm FUN for Valentine's Day." Because apparently, the other cards are not fun. Or these ones aren't fun for any other events. Whatever. I just liked it.
Wednesday, January 23
In a car, riding up to the bris/brit milah. I was so glad to have another friend who was going who had a car, because we had to be in New Jersey at 7:30 in the morning!
I didn't take any pictures in the temple while they were having the ceremony and speaking, but I had to take a couple of shots of how cute the breakfast was afterward! A breakfast is an important, traditional part of the day, and it's almost always catered. This catering company had it all decorated up so adorably!
Thursday, January 24
Today, I looked down at the subway tracks and realized this was what they had been working on last week. Looking good!
Saw this in the stairwell at school today. Horrified by whatever happened here.
By tonight, I had developed a yucky cough and was feeling a bit feverish. I ordered some soup, and when it came, I took a picture of it because I thought it looked gross.
But it wasn't gross. It was delicious, and I ordered it again another day.
Friday, January 25
Woke up definitely sick today, but I knew I only had one class. When I left my apartment, there was a cab coming down the street, so I hopped in it and took a cab to school to give myself a little rest.
Saturday, January 26
Yesterday, I had a little blue mark on my hand that I first thought was ink from a pen. But it didn't wash off, and now it's clear that it's a bruise. I cannot figure out what I did to bruise myself, but I did something...
Sunday, January 27
And since I've spent the weekend feeling very ill (some kind of flu-like illness), I've mostly just been cuddled up with my tauntaun, who looks in this picture like he is in charge of the TV remote. He's not.
Monday, January 28
Monday, I was back at school, but I had no appetite and my stomach felt a bit yucky. I was pretty frustrated because I hadn't been sick to my stomach at all, but now I was. So I bought a ginger ale from the café to sip. I had to go to an early class this morning to make up for missing an early class on Wednesday when I went to the brit milah. So I had been at school all day and was exhausted, just sipping my ginger ale while I was studying. This is how much I had managed to drink by around noon.








3 comments:
The event in the stairwell looks a lot like the delicious soup- you've been sick.......just saying.
I'm sorry you were sick...I hope you didn't get it from me. Via texting.
That soup does look awful. Did you eat it with your eyes closed?
I don't think I could have even tried that soup; it looks pretty gross. No fun being sick. I hope that you are feeling tons better now:)
Post a Comment