I often walk past this storefront either going to or from school. I love these waving kitties in the window. There used to just be one, but now it has some friends. They always make me smile. Sometimes the battery dies, but someone replaces it within a couple of days and the kitties start waving again.
Wednesday, January 16
This sign made me laugh today. Additional 50% of all markdowns, but only selected items. Uh, how can it be all markdowns and only selected items? Whatever. I'm sure it makes sense to them, but it made me laugh on my walk to school this morning.
In the winter, and even sometimes when I don't think it's that cold, most dogs in New York wear jackets. I took this picture today because I had mentioned to my cute nephews that I kept seeing dogs in coats and they thought that sounded hilarious.
In the rain, dogs usually have on raincoats. And sometimes rain boots. I love it.
Thursday, January 17
I loved the green graffiti on this sign. I was walking partway home from school today (I often do if I'm leaving when it's still light outside, just to stretch my legs and have a nice break) when I passed this beauty.
Friday, January 18
Today in the subway station there were these big barrels. They were doing some concrete work, replacing the foundation of some of the track. It took up almost the whole platform, but this isn't one of the days when I go to school during the rush hour, so it wasn't crowded.
I also laughed about this sign when I was out running errands today. Uh, what grass?
Saturday, January 19
Today I went on a big walk through Central Park. The weather was GORGEOUS and I was determined to take advantage of it.
Here's a baseball field in the park that seems to have been damaged this winter...
There's a place in the park called Turtle Pond. It's called Turtle Pond because there are turtles that live in it. In two and a half years of living here, I've never seen a turtle in this pond. It's going to happen though. I can feel it.
Near the pond, there is a castle. Yep, a castle. And today, there was an ice sculpture of the castle being made next to it, so I took a couple of pictures. Lots of people had gathered around, and it was pretty cool to watch.
Castle behind the sculpture.
Not too far from that is the Bethesda Terrace. These guys were under the terrace. You can't tell from the pictures, but they are playing beautiful, amazing classical music. I love New York.
Looking downtown across the lake, near Bethesda Terrace, at the skyline.
This is a statue that sits in a fountain between the Bethesda Terrace and the lake. It is one of my favorite places in all of the city to sit and watch people.
And then randomly, on my walk home, I walked past a building that had these big statues out front. Uh, okay, why wouldn't your apartment building have statuary? Who knows...but I laughed.
This sign has seen better days.
Sunday, January 20
My baby brother gave me a tauntaun sleeping bag for Christmas. (If you're not a Star Wars fan, it's probably not going to be clear why it's so awesome, but it's awesome). Here it is, sitting on my love seat, geared up to watch TV. Next to it is the Bluebook, which is the style and citation guide for legal writing. I needed to do some editing of an article this weekend, so I was curled up in the tauntaun, editing some articles.
Monday, January 21
I took this one today because the high and the low were projected to be the same on Thursday. And while they're not usually the same, sometimes they'll be within a degree of each other. For a girl from the desert mountains, this is pretty weird. I'm not sure I'll ever get used to it.






No comments:
Post a Comment