03 November 2012

VOTE!!


Election day is next week. I am not allowed to voice any opinions on partisan or non-partisan issues, but I do retain my right to vote, and I certainly will be exercising it. How privileged we are! What a great opportunity!

Be sure to take this weekend to look at a sample ballot and research your candidates. While some elections (such as Presidential) are very prominent this year, you probably have myriad other races in which you need to vote. Check out your city council races, your judicial races (for elected judges), your mayor, your state senate, state congress or assembly, your school council, your county auditor, everything! Those smaller races probably have a much bigger impact on your life than the bigger ones, so don't neglect them.

Be sure to get educated, put it on your calendar, and then get out there and let your voice be heard! No whining about your elected officials if you don't vote. So go ahead and vote, and then we can all whine together.

3 comments:

LL said...

Ah, yes. No vote = no whining. :-) I will be sure to vote, as I am sure I want to whine...

David said...

I will also be voting. I'm also not technically allowed to voice a public opinion or suggest a particular candidate. But I will say that I do feel that exercising your right to vote is very essential to the success of our country!

LL said...

May I just take a moment to acknowledge the futility of voting here? Almost every race here was single candidate. Romney will win GA because it is a Republican state, so it doesn't really matter either way I vote. The only thing that got me out of the warm car and into the pouring rain to go in with two kids (who weren't allowed to use their iPods, as it is "against the law", even though every adult there had and was using a smart phone...) and vote were our amendments on charter schools and public building rental agreements....and the desire to spend the next four years complaining. :-)

And since I AM allowed to voice an opinion, I'll give this one: it doesn't matter one little bit who wins the Presidential race, as the congress is so polarized and mired in their "my way or the highway" attitude that nothing can get done. Doesn't matter who wins, nothing will change around here until we get some real, bonafide adults into Congress. I've seen Kindergarten classes with better cooperation skills.... It makes me crazy that compromise has turned into a negative thing around here. You know who doesn't compromise? The Taliban. I'm just sayin'.

End rant. Time for some ice cream.