I recently met a colleague's daughter. The daughter is about five, and she had heard her mother talk about our group of coworkers for about a year. When I met her today, my colleague told her daughter, Sophie, what my name was.
Sophie was shocked--she did not expect me to be SO YOUNG! Apparently, she expected me to be old like one of our supervising professors, who, for the record, is MAYBE ten years older than I am.
But you know what, I'm feeling pretty good about how young I must look.
Of course, Sophie once thought her own father, in his 30s, was 100 years old, so maybe she's not the best judge of it all.
Still. I'm shockingly young today.
24 November 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Just take it as it is....u look young and enjoy it
Take it as a huge compliment!
I felt I looked pretty young. But after I put on my glasses to compensate for the bad eyesight I don't look so young. But I still remember when you were born, so you are still young.
Post a Comment