I got a jury summons in the mail on the 10th. I happened to be on the phone with Somebody's Mother when I was getting the mail.
Here's a recap of some of our conversation:
Me: Oh no, JURY DUTY! I got a jury summons! Ugh, jury duty!!!
Somebody'sMother: They won't want you anyway.
Me: I know, but I'm going to have to go down there...
Somebody'sMother: It's important to understand how the system works.
Me: I understand how the system works.
Somebody'sMother: At least it will be a bit of variety in your life.
Me: No, it will be EXACTLY like the rest of my life--I spend all day in a courthouse! This will just be a different building.
So yes, jury duty calls.
If you were the lawyers, would you pick me to be on your jury?
We'll see what happens!
17 November 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I got called twice and both time the case never ended u going to court so I didn't ever go.
When I got called it was for a murder case where one hispanic guy murdered another during a drug deal gone bad. They didn't want anyone with strong ties to the hispanic community, and since I speak Spanish at home I was rejected. Quick, painless, and I made enough from my jury duty wages to cover picking up lunch at my favorite sandwich shop on my way back to work. Not a bad experience at all, for me.
I'd love to have you on my jury - you're smart, you think things through, and I think you'd give anyone a fair shot. Plus we think with the same brain, so I'm pretty sure you'd side with me. :-)
And while you're there, just make it a game. Pick a word and every time they say it you get a point. Plan some prizes.....good grief I live in a world of star charts and coaxing. I'm gonna shut up now.
I must be strange. I want to go do jury duty. I got summoned once. They made me do this survey to qualify and I passed that, had to call the day befor and was told case was settled. So I dunno.
Post a Comment