Well, it's my last fall semester of my law school career. I can't believe I'm finally a 3L! (That's what third-year students are called.)
This semester, I have the privilege of being a student clerk for a federal judge here in the city. This opportunity takes the place of most of my credits, so I'm barely going to be on campus at all. I'm definitely going to miss seeing my friends, but this is an incredible opportunity for me, and I'm very excited.
As I get going in this adventure, I won't really be able to discuss it much on this blog. The ethical code for judicial clerks is pretty strict about social media, so it's inappropriate for me to discuss any pending cases, any partisan or non-partisan political issues, or any details of my time in the judge's chambers. For the sake of discretion, I also won't be posting the name or district of the judge for whom I'll be working.
I'll try to post a basic sketch about what it's like to work for a judge, but beyond that, I'll have to refrain from discussion.
And what a horrible time to not be able to talk about politics! (I know that I generally don't talk too much about it on this blog, but now that I can't, weirdly, it's all I want to do. Probably some psychology principle there...)
Anyway, I'm incredibly excited and honored to have been selected by my school and the judge for this wonderful program. I'm going to have the opportunity to learn so much. And I won't have any finals!
Last year of law school commencing...here we go!
30 August 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness! You are so dang awesome! How exciting that they picked you - though I'm not surprised, cause you're amazing!
Good luck!!! And congrats on no finals!
PS - you can still post about your rodent friends and NYC observations ;-)
A great time not to be able to talk politics! It gives you an easy out when you see all those crazy comments on Facebook. :-)
Post a Comment