27 August 2012

Back Home...With Company

For the past few weeks, I've been jetting around the country visiting my family. It was a wonderful break, but I was ready to get back home.

When I got here, I discovered that I had had at least one houseguest while I was gone.

Of the rodent variety.

Somebody's Mother left some dark chocolates in a bag on the top shelf of a hanging set of shelves. (No legs - it just hangs on the wall, several feet up from the floor.)

Someone's been eating it. And leaving tiny wrapper pieces. And poop. All over. Awesome.

How?? HOW?!?!? How did it get up there? There's another thing sort of near by that it might have been able to crawl up, then leap over to...it must've been like a circus in here. Last night, as I laid in bed for my first night at home, I heard something crash down into a trashcan in my kitchen. I have many trashcans in my apartment, but this was the one just below that particular hanging shelf unit.

I took the trash out and didn't look to see if there was a mouse still in it. I just don't need to think about that.

Otherwise, it was a fairly uneventful day. I ended up coming home pretty exhausted from all of my adventures, so I settled into a pattern today of get up, move around a bit, accomplish one thing, take a nap. Repeat.

Tomorrow, I'll have to do a bit more, and classes start, so I'll be headed off to do that. (More on the coming semester in a future post.)

One of these days, I may venture WAY up to Target, to replace my clock, which died some day during my vacation at 10:49. Rest in peace, three-dollar clock.

No comments: