09 August 2012

Foodie Life

One of the perks of living in NYC is the fabulous, fabulous food. New York is full of delicious restaurants.

One of the drawbacks of being a law student is that I am completely out of money basically all the time. And with my recent tonsillectomy, any extra money I have is already earmarked. Sigh.

Anyway, one cool thing about working at Big Firm, and this is true of pretty much all large law firms, is that when you spend your summer there, they really want you to get to meet lots of different attorneys there, hear all about what they do, and have a chance to work with lots of different people. One way they facilitate this is by having you go to lunch. Of course, the way I go out to lunch in my normal life is maybe picking up some Panera (single-handedly keeping that place in business, perhaps), or something similarly inexpensive. That's not how it works when you go out with attorneys, so I've gotten to eat at some wonderful places. I had delicious salads, beautiful fish, yummy gnocchi, and all kinds of great desserts.

(If you're thinking, wow, that sounds like a great way to gain weight, it can be. I have a friend who gained like 15 pounds in his summer at another law firm...)

This worked so beautifully for me, because after a lovely lunch, I wasn't hungry for dinner, so I usually just had a piece of fruit and went to sleep.

This fall, I'm going to have to go back to my regular life, but it sure was fun to get to go to some of New York's nice places.

No comments: