Things here have been pretty busy. My birthday came and went, lots of applying for internships, lots of planning for next year, lots and lots of reading, lots of studying, lots of organizing notes, lots of feeling tired, lots of needing a vacation...
But a vacation I will get! Next week is spring break, so I just have to survive one more week of classes and then I'll have a much-needed rest. After spring break, I only have a few days of classes left, and then it will be time for finals.
I can't believe my first year of law school is coming to an end. In some ways, if feels like I've been a law student forever. In other ways, it feels like I just started. But here I am--almost 1/3 done with law school! It has certainly been an adventure.
I've definitely turned into a nerd in new ways that I never thought possible. When I watch TV now, I see torts, I analyze defenses to crimes I watch people commit (both at common law and under the Model Penal Code, which makes me even nerdier), I consider constitutional questions, and all kinds of new nerdy things. I am more analytical in my arguing, more precise in my language, and more thorough in considering all positions in a conflict.
But fortunately, even though I'm nerdier, I haven't lost the fight that brought me to law school. Each new case isn't just a story--they're real people, and I still feel for each of them. This does make my case reading exhausting at times, but it's all part of the journey.
All in all, it has been a good year. It has been difficult, but good. I'm looking forward to this summer and then next year. I get to select my own courses in my 2L year, and I'm already considering what all I want to take. This is another area where I get to demonstrate my incredible nerdiness--the classes that I'm excited about taking are so, so nerdy. But I'm excited. It's going to be another great year.
Now to survive the next month...
10 April 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
its ok to be nerdy. yay for everything thats going on for you! finals are going to be great!
So so proud, so so jealous, and so so so excited for finals to be over!!
Excellent work. And as a bonus, I have achieved Medallion status with Delta- thanks to all your hard work out there.
Post a Comment