If a family pak (how is it that they can't spell pack??) has 2, what does a regular pack have? Just 1? I don't think I can buy just 1 of anything here. Huh.
LL--this is the only store that has these, so I'm not sure if it's just that they can't spell pack or if it's some thing I'm not cool enough to understand. Yes, it's cheaper at Costco, but when you have to purchase it in Costco-sized quantities, it's hard to fit in your freezer, let alone carry on the trek home. And yes, you buy most things here in tiny single packs. Lots of stores don't even have gallons of milk--just little half gallon jugs and really, really adorable quart jugs. I buy my milk at Costco, which explains why I have a hard time carrying the chicken as well.
Camille--Yep, that's how much chicken is here. I'm basically a vegetarian now--all meat is super expensive in Manhattan.
Everyone, go out and eat some extra animals just for me!
Consider it done - look out cows, here I come! :-)
And when I am there, we can make a trip to Costco and cart all sorts of things home. I am very experienced when it comes to cramming lots of stuff into tiny places.
6 comments:
Holy crap - does that say $10.06!!!!????!!!
We all got a good laugh at that at Jenni's baby shower, when you sent the pic to your mom. Yeah, things are a little different there.
Are the prices better at Costco?
If a family pak (how is it that they can't spell pack??) has 2, what does a regular pack have? Just 1? I don't think I can buy just 1 of anything here. Huh.
LL--this is the only store that has these, so I'm not sure if it's just that they can't spell pack or if it's some thing I'm not cool enough to understand. Yes, it's cheaper at Costco, but when you have to purchase it in Costco-sized quantities, it's hard to fit in your freezer, let alone carry on the trek home. And yes, you buy most things here in tiny single packs. Lots of stores don't even have gallons of milk--just little half gallon jugs and really, really adorable quart jugs. I buy my milk at Costco, which explains why I have a hard time carrying the chicken as well.
Camille--Yep, that's how much chicken is here. I'm basically a vegetarian now--all meat is super expensive in Manhattan.
Everyone, go out and eat some extra animals just for me!
Just paid $1.29 a pound for chicken and it came in a 40# box.
Things are different here.
Consider it done - look out cows, here I come! :-)
And when I am there, we can make a trip to Costco and cart all sorts of things home. I am very experienced when it comes to cramming lots of stuff into tiny places.
Post a Comment