12 February 2011

Adventures in Grocery - The Meat Edition

A few days ago, I was shopping in one of my neighborhood grocery stores. Sometimes, it's hard to find what I'm looking for at stores here in the city. Other times, I come across things that I have never seen before, and that I kind of wish I could forget seeing.

Example:

I had two thoughts: wow, that's cheap; and SICK! Who eats that???

Then I thought, maybe I'm misjudging this. Maybe it is poorly named, and it's really a quality product (although the price indicates otherwise, but...)

So I flipped it over and checked the label to see what it was made of.


Not any better.

But they sell this in the store, so someone must eat it.

But who???

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That is just plain gross.

Bonny said...

Reading those ingredients makes me feel like I'm gonna lose my dinner. Partially defatted pork fatty tissue? Really?

Can you buy one and see what it smells like? I'm curious.

Or not... The nausea returns.

LL said...

I'm pretty sure it would smell like cat food. Were you in the pet section? :-)

Anything that says "Food Product" can't be good. If you have to identify something as food in writing on the label - bad sign.