Today, in the email that runs through a list of events that are coming up at the school, there was a blurb about an upcoming panel discussion. The panel is on a topic of great interest to me, and one of the professors participating in the panel is one of the people who influenced my decision to attend Cardozo whose work I greatly admire. Great topic, brilliant panel of brilliant people, and a hot buffet lunch. Sounds like a great use of an hour that day.
Then, I remembered that the same day, at the same time, the Student Services office will be giving out free pumpkin pie, apple pie, and hot cider on a different floor of the building.
I spent a long time today thinking about what a difficult decision this was: which to attend, which to attend.
Oh yeah. Wait. I remember. I didn't come to law school for free pie.
Still...
6 comments:
Um, that's kind of a tough decision. Although, maybe the pumpkin and apple pie will be those gross, cheap grocery store pies. Doesn't come close to Mom's pies. So, probably not worth the calories.
Because I'm too lazy to google this person that you mention, I'll just ask.
Are you still kind of thinking about getting into those microloans? I watched a thing on it not too long ago. Looks awesome.
Go for the buffet lunch. They'll probably have some sort of dessert.
Yeah. Maybe the dessert will be pie!
Life in NYC sounds grand!
Camille--
The person you're thinking of is Muhammad Yunis. That is not who was at the law school, although I definitely would've gone to a panel with him!
As far as microfinance goes, that's probably not where I'll end up, just because less of what I'm doing is financial these days and more is on the legal side, but it's totally possible that those things will intersect for me. I like to leave my options way, way open. :)
Post a Comment