Congratulations to all of the smart people who Googled "giant spoon and cherry" to discover that I was, in fact, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. (I did, however, prefer Matt's description of being in a giant milkshake. That is basically what the whole park looked like--it was a big slushy mess.) I visited three schools in the Twin Cities, mostly because they were all very close together and not necessarily because they're all at the top of my list.
Minneapolis was very nice. It was not nearly as chilly as I expected it to be. There was about a foot of snow in some places, but it was melting quite a bit, so there was lots and lots of water everywhere, in addition to all of the standard rivers and lakes in the area. It was quite a change for a girl from the desert.
The giant spoon and cherry is a sculpture appropriately named "Spoonbridge and Cherry." I went to a sculpture garden in Minneapolis to see it. I liked this particular sculpture, and some of the others were interesting as well. Here are a few more shots of that garden.
This next one is NOT a bench--it's art, people. Don't be confused by its bench-like appearance. It is labeled with artist and donor information and everything.
I find this next one to be odd on many levels...
Minneapolis was great fun. I got to eat at some great restaurants, enjoy some good company, get a bit of clarity on some law schools, and do some nice relaxing.
I would tell you where the next leg of the trip was, but that will spoil all of the fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment