Saturday night, there was a big, scary, black, hairy spider on my ceiling. I couldn't reach it to kill it, so I watched it crawl around and hoped it would go away.
Eventually, it did. I was relieved, but then became concerned that I had no idea where the spider was. Later, it returned up high on the wall. I knew what I had to do. I dug out my fly swatter, slowly approached, and squealed like a giant pansy as I swatted it.
I have no idea if I killed it or just angered it, because there were no...remains, if you will. So it's possible that the spider just crawled off on the floor to plot its vengeance.
Sunday, I told my mom about how grown up I had been in killing my own bugs.
Her response?
"Oh, poor spider!"
Apparently, I was supposed to capture him in a glass and then release him into the wild.
I see that as highly unlikely, as it took everything I had in me to get close enough to swat him, and that wasn't very close.
But now I have guilt about the spidercide.
I'm sure I'll work through it.
15 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Welcome to living on your own. You do have to kill your own bugs. I hate killing bugs, but it got easier once I had kids and I felt a sense of duty to protect them. But until that time, high pitched screaming is allowed and even recommended.
I am all about spidercide, and I don't care who knows it! I hate them! HATE HATE HATE!
Post a Comment