02 July 2007

Hard Day

Today has been hard. I am really, really ready for it to be over.

Why do some people do the things they do? Why is there abuse and neglect? Who thinks that those are really appropriate ways to behave?

This case just got really, really ugly today. How will these kids ever grow up normally if they are living in this situation??

Can anything be done? I can't stand by and do nothing.

3 comments:

somebody's parents said...

At least they have you to help them get a more fair shake. You can't fix everything, but you can so some things. That WILL make a difference.

More Bacon said...

I hope so. I have a meeting on Monday with DCFS, the Guardian ad Litem, the Attorney General, and all of the attorneys working on the case. And me, and my CASA coordinator who will go with me to help me understand what is going on. It has been such an ugly day and night. I went to see my kids last night, and they looked horrible. This weekend sure took a toll on them. Stupid everything...

LL said...

Sorry sweetie, hang in there. Anything you do is better than nothing, and no matter how bad it is, at least they have someone in there fighting for them.