Today, we took a Red Bus tour up the Going to the Sun Road. I have no idea why it is called the Going to the Sun Road (although you do gain quite a bit of elevation, and the sun was bright) but it's called the Red Bus tour because it is on these really, really old red vehicles that have been restored by Ford and turned into propane-powered money making machines, one imagines.
There was some really pretty stuff there. It's a pretty windy little road, so it's nice to have someone else drive so that we can all look at the scenery.
Wildlife Count Today:
Deer - 3 or 4...can't really remember...yesterday, there was a dead deer on the road. Or maybe that was today. Regardless, I'm trying to not count that one.
Squirrels--lots. Lots of little rodenty things.
Marmots - 1. Weird.
Goats - Maybe 5. There were a few that I think we saw twice, so 5 is a safe estimate. Some people got REALLY close to the goats, and I thought it would have been pretty funny if a goat had given them a good scare, but that didn't happen. Probably for the best though.
Birds - 152,498
Cows - some. Far away. Ranchers' cows. Not wild.
Big Horn Sheep - 3. Far enough away to not be scary. (Don't laugh--they are mean suckers)
Bears - Zero. Let's keep it that way.
Tomorrow and Tuesday night, we'll be somewhere with no electricity. Then, until Saturday night, we'll be places with electricity but no Internet, which is like not having electricity in a lot of ways. :)
I'll keep a good log of stuff to talk about though. This trip will fuel WEEKS of blogging, for sure.
Pray for all the bears to sleep for a few days.
1 comment:
It's called the going to the sun road because the road takes you up to a peak that is called Sun Peak.
Post a Comment