14 July 2007

VACATION!!

I'm on vacation right now. Actually, at this moment, I'm in Kalispell, Montana at the Holiday Inn Express (I hear it makes you smarter to stay here...). We have seen some beautiful things so far. Montana is interesting--this part of Montana, between Missoula and Glacier National Park, actually reminds me quite a bit of Scott Valley (where Dad is from).

There are lots of farms, and there are almost as many potatoes here as in Idaho!

Glacier National Park is beautiful so far. We just went up into the park a bit today, and it's pretty amazing. Lots of trees, beautiful lakes... Tomorrow we get up into the park a lot more and see some more stuff. I'm excited.

Sadly, this is probably the last place we'll have internet access. I'm a technology girl--every time I see that one of the little shops we're driving past has free Wi-Fi, I get all excited. But none of that in the park. It'll be nature time.

The only trouble with nature time is bears. It is definitely bear country up here. I have not yet seen any, but I have seen LOTS of signs (literal signs) about them. I'm okay with not seeing any, frankly.

Mom wanted me to write that tomorrow night, we'll be in Columbia Falls at the Super 8. We'll then be out of reach for 2 days at a Chalet, and then we'll be at Glacier Lodge. I think she's worried that none of you know where we are, so now you know.

One fabulous part about this part of the country is the huckleberries. Huckleberry ice cream is choice. So choice. I will definitely be having some tomorrow...mmm...

1 comment:

jenn said...

Sounds so beautiful. Thanks for letting us know where you are. Enjoy nature, the technology will be here when you get back.