14 December 2012

Who Said That??

My sister's voicemail service transcribes her messages and emails them to her. I was walking home from a friend's apartment the other day and thought I'd call her to chat for my 10-minute walk. She wasn't there, so I left a quick message wishing her well in her Christmas sewing project and hoping she wasn't feeling too ill, as she has been sick in the past couple of weeks.

This is what it emailed to her. She forwarded it to me. I cannot even figure out what I was saying from it, and I'm the one who left the message:


"Hey, it's me. I was just walking home from Summer I'm looked at 10:00 on Monday but I call and see how you were. But hope you're having a great day and I cannot choose where to go eat and that Jim is going well do not tell probably what you're doing. You're probably sleeping to Jim Grant. Anyway, hope it's going well and I'll talk to you later. I love you. Bye" 

4 comments:

LL said...

I was not, for the record, sleeping to Jim Grant.

The transcription service is a highlight for me. Some people it transcribes well (Somebody's Mother). Others, not so much - my husband and Liz are both consistently ridiculous in their transcriptions.

Candace/Mom said...

Carl K. has something like that too. I frequently can't even understand messages that I sent to him. One funny time, he sent a message for a church calling, saying that Sheldon Bischoff had said something about home teaching. Only it said Sheldon's "pissed off" about home teaching. Don't remember exact message, just the mistake part.

Maybe some of us mumble? Just be careful what you are saying, and to whom!

LL said...

Someone once left a message asking if "The Ratio" could come over for a play date, because her daughter "loves him and some beans". We laughed and laughed and laughed over that one. Sometimes I still call him The Ratio...

Candace/Mom said...

Free entertainment I guess. Love "The Ratio". I love him and some beans too!