13 October 2012

Feeling Neglected??

LL so kindly noted that it has been a while since I posted anything.

Sorry.

I don't have any good naked New Yorker stories (sorry, LL).

So, it's been a while. How's it going, everyone?

Random story to tide you over until I think of something to post:

Recently, they tore up the concrete of my sidewalk in front of my apartment. One day, they were putting new concrete down at the moment I needed to leave my apartment. Awkward.

So they stretched out a long board, maybe six inches wide, across the wet cement so I could walk out to the solid ground.

I was in a suit.

It was like walking the plank--I kept thinking I was going to fall into the wet cement. Then I would've been late to work.

But strangely, it seemed fitting that if it did happen, maybe there would be a me-shaped divot to mark my time in New York.

I made it.

But maybe in the future, I'll head out in jeans and sneakers with some climbing gear or something--you never can tell.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

So glad you made it. Though a you shaped divot would have been kind of cool it wouldn't have been worth the hassle.:)

Jenni said...

Boo to the concrete workers for not offering a stabilizing hand! Glad you made it safely.

LL said...

They should hand out prizes for people who make it across without falling. :-)