16 May 2011

Such A Waste

Ever since I moved to NYC, I've been totally fascinated by the various people that one passes in the subway stations. There are many people, and I have many favorites that I don't have time to talk about today.

The one that's on my mind lately is a pretty big group of people, but there are just a handful of women that I see more than the others. I like to refer to them as the "Holy-God-Will-Bring-Judgment-Day Ladies" since they all have big signs that say "Holy God Will Bring Judgment Day." As long as I've known them, they've been patiently handing out pamphlets in the subway stations letting everyone know that Judgment Day is upon us, arriving on May 21st. They are 100% sure that this Saturday will be the end of the world. Well, not technically. They say all of the very righteous will be sucked up into heaven this Saturday, then there will be a massive earthquake that will shake the whole earth, and then over the next five months, everyone who is left will be destroyed as the world and universe are demolished, ending some time in October in the total annihilation of everything.  Their method of arriving at this date is quite complex, but they're quite certain, and totally not shaken by the verse in the bible that talks about no man knowing the day.

Anyway, I have to say, Saturday is a REALLY bad day for the world to end for me. I mean, come on. If the world is going to end, couldn't that happen BEFORE I spend two weeks taking finals instead of the day AFTER I finish?

Final number three tomorrow, final number four on Friday. Almost there!

7 comments:

Bonny said...

Ha! I've totally seen people with those signs! Um... I've got plans next weekend, so that really doesn't work for me.

Good luck on the rest of your finals!

somebody's parents said...

World ending on Saturday will not work for me either. Good luck on the finals. We are confident.

jill kynaston said...

I'll be at a church function all day Saturday...so, really, Saturday works for me. Bring it on. I'm good.

Camille said...

I sure hope it's not Saturday! We'll be on an airplane that day and I'm not really wanting to be involved in a crash of any kind...

LL said...

I used to always thing that I'd be REALLY MAD if I died on my way home from the testing center. On the way there, fine. But not after I'd just suffered through taking a test that I was, typically, completely unprepared for.

I'm excited to see all of those people on Sunday morning......

IzeOfLight said...

"As we learned in the movie 2012 . . ."

Tyler and Kimberly said...

It's the 21st...did you know if this was going to happen in the morning or the afternoon? If it's the afternoon I still have time to take a shower and get ready. :)
P.S. I bet you did awesome on your finals!