24 May 2011

Motivation

My very first job was working at a fast food restaurant. (Side note: there is enough material from that job to write not just a blog, but a memoir, I swear...) One of the assistant managers at the restaurant was a guy named Dan. Occasionally, Dan would yell, "Where is my motivation??" And we'd all reply (with varying levels of enthusiasm, depending on what had happened so far that day), "Go, Dan, go!"

I'm working here on a really, really unpleasant project, and all I want to do is sleep and go to the park and watch TV and sleep some more. That memory from my first job keeps popping into my head, and I sigh to myself, as Dan did periodically, "Where is my motivation??"

I seem to have run out of motivation from this long, long semester. I think I need a vacation to recharge. Or maybe just some Timbits. Or both. Who wants to come visit me?? 

7 comments:

Camille said...

Go Liz, Go!

Also, I want to come visit you...but not until later this summer probably :)

somebody's parents said...

Go! Liz, Go!!!!

Rachel Leigh said...

um, you should come visit here and come hold olivia. and I guess you could see your family too... you know, if you wanted to.

scottnlena said...

Go LIz, Go! I wanna visit but can't :(

Shannon said...

Go, Liz! It's almost done:)

Tyler and Kimberly said...

I better not come visit or I would encourage the sleeping and going to the park...and probably extra eating because I am good at that. :)

LL said...

Go Liz GO! I'm gonna visit you. How does tomorrow work? Say, 5ish?!?!?!?