One thing they have in New York that I'm still adapting to: wind.
Brrrr...
Good excuse to buy more cute hats and scarves, though. In Utah, I always felt like a scarf was just a winter accessory. Here, a scarf is a winter necessity.
Really, I think it's NYC's sweet way of getting me ready to go visit my family, who all live in the chilliest places around!
I plan to drink lots of cocoa and snuggle up in blankets for the next few months until I defrost.
09 December 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yeah it was tough here today, I have to make sure I don't get a sunburn. Sky is clear, blue and temperatures are above freezing. Oh and did I mention NO WIND!!!
We still love you. Bundle up!
What days are you in town? Maybe you can come see Tommy play futsal. I keep meaning to post videos. Maybe you can just watch them on my iPod when you're here :).
Keep yourself warm cute girl! I hope you don't plan on living in that area forever. I think you're going to need to come back to Utah once you're done. :)
We have a lot of wind where I live especially in the mornings and nights. It is not fun. Hopefully you defrost soon:)
I always thought scarves were such a weird accessory until I moved to the midwest. Turns out you freeze without one. Who knew? (Uh, everyone else in the world that was already wearing scarves...) I stocked up this spring. If you need a few we can send you home with some. :-)
Also, a stay-warm tip for you: always wear two pairs of socks. And there is no shame in wearing your hat in the house (or any other building). That can really help too. (Sad that I can give you this poor-student-survival advice based on my current life...)
Oh, and remember how you were suffering without the AC? Yeah, those were the days....... :-)
Yeah, LL, I still think that being hot is way worse because there's nothing you can do about it.
I'd rather be cold.
Well, really, I'd rather is just be fall or spring, but I'll settle for winter. Summer is my very least favorite.
I could not agree with you more. I hate to be cold, but being hot is SO much worse. I can always put on another layer of clothing, but you reach a point where you can't really take anything else off. Especially now that the children are all old enough to talk...
Post a Comment