10 September 2010

Holiday Update

I cannot count the number of times over the past week that I've seen "Happy Holidays" signs in stores or been wished happy holidays by people.

What? You're not all enjoying your holiday break? Bwa ha ha ha...I am!! It's Rosh Hashanah, so I've been off of school for a couple of days. It's also the end of Ramadan, and maybe some other holidays that I don't know about. I'm learning, though.

When people at school asked me what my holiday plans were, I told them that I was going to go to Costco. 

I still haven't gone.

What have I done? Some homework, lots and lots of sleeping, lots of lounging around, and cooking 157 meatballs for the freezer. I also took some wonderful walks in Central Park.

Many of you have requested pictures of my apartment. While I don't have those for you yet, here are a couple of pictures I took with my iPhone while I was out walking.

Hope you're all having a lovely holiday weekend!

Looking downtown across the reservoir

Standing at the Castle looking northeast across Turtle Pond

5 comments:

Welsh Woman said...

I loved New York! Your pictures definitely inspired another trip :)

LL said...

Oooo.... Can't wait to come!!!!!

jenn said...

Happy Holidays to you!!

Shannon said...

Looks beautiful!

Shannon said...

Looks beautiful! Enjoy your down time:)