Dearest iPhone,
It's not often that one piece of technology enables a person to lead a simpler, more beautiful life.
iPhone, you are that piece of technology. Without you, I'd be hopelessly lost a significantly larger portion of the time than I already am. Your dedication, reliability, and map skills are truly inspiring.
Yesterday, I doubted you. I really did. My overconfidence, coupled with subway construction and stop modifications, led me to believe that you were mistaken. I didn't judge you for it; I felt pity that you were being thwarted by the tall buildings around us.
How wrong I was, iPhone. I should have trusted you.
No longer will I disbelieve when you identify our current location.
Even when you think we're in a different borough than I think we are.
Sigh.
I'll get this NYC thing figured out eventually. Until then, I'll keep you close by, dearest iPhone.
Love,
Liz
25 September 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Yes, the iPhone is a beautiful, beautiful thing.
Hee hee!
We'd have the opposite problem here: not surrounded by big buildings and trying to figure out which borough we're in, but surrounded by corn fields and trying to figure out which farm we're driving by. Buildings don't block our signals, they just don't have signals out in the middle of nowhere.
Our lives are so different, yet the same...
I just got my first smartphone - how did we ever live pre-sp? I submit that we actually didn't live... but, in fact, we just floated around aimlessly in a pitifully disconnected existence.
A relationship like that is a thing of beauty!
Post a Comment