One of the perks to living in the greatest city in the world is having one's groceries delivered.
Today I got my first order, and I have to say, it was pretty fabulous. The prices are lower than what you find in the store (still higher than Utah, but I'm adapting).
You order whatever you want online, pick a delivery window, and then a guy shows up with carefully packaged groceries, including cleaning supplies, produce, frozen foods, meats, and basically whatever you want. He leaves the packages and tells you to have a nice day. He is not permitted by the company to ask for a tip, which is good because I have no money and that would've been awkward.
I live up a couple of flights of stairs, so it is really nice to have my groceries just arrive in my kitchen.
28 August 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Oh, I'm a little jealous. Okay, a lot jealous.
ummm...why don't they have that EVERYWHERE? That's awesome!
I knew you would like it! If I lived there, that's what I would do.
Glad it worked out.
I am super jealous, especially after dragging - literally - Moo through Pick 'n Save wearing only one shoe. It was very, very ugly.
But on the bright side, I got 6 more boxes of cereal for only 79 cents each. We're pretty close to a year's supply now on Cheerios.
That is really nice.
Not only does food get delivered well in NYC, but GROCERIES?! That's like my dream! So excited for you!
Also, there's a food cart on the corner by the Hilton on Avenue of the Americas that has a line wrapped around the block every night starting at 10pm or 11pm. When I was there for work, the line was insane until at least 3-4am (by then I'd finally conked out, out PST and all)--I want you to try it so you can tell me all about it! =)
I am TOTALLY jealous! I keep telling Willey, that all the mothers in the world would rejoice if they didn't have to go to the grocery store with all their kids in tow. I dread going to the store now, and can't wait for the day when I can have them delivered to my door! Until then, maybe I just need to hire a neighbor to do my grocery shopping for me!
Post a Comment