Recently, I was sweeping the back porch of my parents' house with a standard household broom. As the broom swung back and forth with its pendular grace, for reasons I still cannot explain, my head somehow came into contact with the top of the broom.
Pause and imagine a sweeping action in your mind. You can see how the top of the broom moves in the opposite direction as the bottom of the broom, right? Now imagine what happens if your head is in slightly the wrong spot as the bottom of the broom swings forward and the top swings back toward you.
It hit me right at the corner of my eye, where the bone is right under the skin with nothing to shield it.
It hurt.
A lot.
For days.
And right when it happened, I couldn't figure out how on earth I had done that to myself.
But after a few hours of consideration, I can't for the life of me figure out how I haven't ever done it to myself before now.
3 comments:
It's because you're so short ;)
Good thing you are a doctor and can help yourself through these times of crisis!
Smooth Move!!!!!
Nice! Get this all out of your system before you change insurance. :-)
Post a Comment