30 August 2010

Heat

I think that I've mentioned (repeatedly) that it is quite warm in New York right now. We had a few cool days where it rained, and I was so happy, but now it's hot again. After a basically sleepless night of tossing and turning, looking forward to heading to my frigid law school, I pulled my hair into a ponytail (no point in even trying to do the hair here--too hot) and jumped on the roasty-toasty subway.

I walked the rest of the way to school as I pondered how I may never adapt to the fact that it just doesn't cool down much at night here (the low and the high are very close to each other. It's odd for a girl from the mountains). Then, the sweet moment arrived when I entered the law school...

...only it wasn't sweet. It was sweat. The air conditioning is broken today. I spent my first class all cooped up in a room full of people where I thought I was going to suffocate.

The worst part? When all of this is over and I'm done with my studying for the day, I'll head back to my little sweatbox apartment.

Sigh. When is it going to be fall??

(It should be noted here that I am LOVING New York. I would love it even more if it were 20 degrees cooler...come on, fall! Really, there are only two or three things that I don't love about New York. This is one of them.)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I felt hot just reading that....I agree, Fall can't come soon enough. I'm tired of the heat, and my allergies are out of control! Luckily, it'll be here before we know it! :)