Sure enough, I was visiting South Bend, Indiana, where I saw the University of Notre Dame. I can honestly say that I've never seen anything quite like it. Here are some pictures:
For some reason, the people in South Bend are really, really interested in having statues in their yards. Here's one house where the occupants are working on their collection:
But their neighbors are really, really out of control...
Basilica of the Sacred Heart on campus:
Lots of birds on campus. They are terrifying to me, and these ones were really, really big! (Note: I was not calm enough to take these pictures. I was definitely far away while Somebody's Mother got these crazy shots of these big birds.)
I can tell from these pictures that the birds don't look nearly as large and terrifying as they were in person, but I swear to you, they were scary!!
And everywhere we went, there were lots and lots of birds. There was even appropriate signage.
3 comments:
At least there was signage.
The big white bird in the picture isn't even a goose. The brown ones that look somewhat like ducks with scary necks are geese, and the white one is like twice the size of the geese, which are, in turn, twice the size of the ducks.
The giant white one is a gargantuan, flesh-eating swan.
CANADIAN GEESE?! I LOVE CANADIAN GEESE!
They have some especially huge ones up at the Bear River Bird Migratory Refuge east of Brigham City. They're awesome.
Post a Comment