29 August 2009

Wonder Woman

Friends and family know that I've been shopping for furniture for the past three months or so. It's been difficult to find something that I like and that is in my price range (read: cheap).

Today, my parents came over to my house to help me put together some furniture and wire up some speakers I inherited from my brother (it's been a pretty fabulous couple of weeks, acquisition-wise). A few minutes after they left, my mother called to tell me she found a love seat that was very much like what I was searching for. The color wasn't quite what I had described, but the price was definitely right. She promptly sat down on the couch to discourage any other shoppers, as it was a clearance floor model.

She tried to send me a picture, but for some reason, the email didn't go through. After a few more tries, I told her that I'd hop in the car and drive down there to take a look at it. I asked what she was going to do, and she told me that she was going to stay on the couch and wait until I got there.

After I arrived, I examined the couch and quickly decided to purchase it. Some nearby women looked disappointed. Somebody's Mother had told me that they were circling the couch while she was there. My parents quickly headed to get their van so that they could help me get the love seat home. As the salesman was ringing me up, he told me that those other women had approached him earlier to ask about the couch. He told them that no one had talked to him about it so far, and then they explained that there was some woman sitting on it, but that they planned to purchase it if we didn't.

My fabulous parents helped me get the love seat into my apartment, where I now sit in luxury while blogging and watching TV.

Somebody's Mother isn't just some woman--she's Wonder Woman.

1 comment:

Dave & Kandy Daniels said...

Let's see a picture of this new couch.