25 August 2009

Judgy Judgerson

Today for work, I ended up in a place with essentially nothing to do except for watch people walk past. I was supposed to be giving information out to people, but I only had four requests. One was work related. The other three?
  • Guy wanted to take one of my pens. Told him to go for it.
  • Another guy wanted one of my pens. Told him to go for it. Thought that if it kept up, I might have to walk down the hall to get more pens. The thought of walking was unappealing, so I determined to stop giving away pens. (Turned out to be a non-issue, fortunately.)
  • Someone wanted to know how to spell Massachusetts. I was not at a spelling booth, but apparently I looked like the best speller in that hallway. Terrifying. I rattled off quickly what I thought was right, and then he told me that he thought I was wrong. I told him that apparently, I couldn't help him. (I was wrong the first time, but only because I started to spell Mississippi halfway through. By the time he thought I was wrong, I was right, but it was too late. Whatever.)
The rest of the time, I sat and passed judgement on people. As tour groups came through the area, the guide would often tell people that that particular hallway was where people sat and judged others walking through. So true.

Saw some interesting outfits, some high drama, questionable footwear, etc.

Best thing I saw? Guy moving a huge cabinet on a dolly crashing into a wall. Made my morning.

No comments: