27 August 2009

The Birthday Boy

Today is my dad's birthday. Although much in gratitude still needs to be said about him and my mother, for now, I just wanted to share one tidbit that I've been thinking about today.

I have several things around my house that I need help with. Every time I come up with something new, my mom just tells me that my dad can help me with it. She's correct--he's great at all of those kinds of things. He's been invaluable as I've been getting settled into my apartment.

Earlier this week, I told my mom that I was going to need to install some curtain rods, but that I wasn't sure how to do it. She told me that it was easy.

My response: Really?
Mom: Yep. C-A-L-L-D-A-D.

So true.

I'm so lucky to have a dad who is wonderful at so many things and is patient enough to help me learn all of them. Happy Birthday, Dad!!

1 comment:

somebody's parents said...

He is lucky to have wonderful children.

Thanks for remembering what you have been taught.