09 March 2009

Disappointments

Last night, I purchased a pint of ice cream for a pity party I was throwing myself. (Long story--don't ask.)

Being virtuous, I only bought one carton, and I bought the low-fat version.

Huge mistake. Not tasty. If I had purchased the nice full-fat version, I'd have something fabulous to turn to tonight for pity party part two. (Again, long story--don't ask.)

I should've bought two cartons. The second carton I decided not to buy was Haagen-Daaz. I knew it would be good, but it was so bad for me...I put it back.

Huge mistake.

5 comments:

LL said...

Yeah, I didn't buy any ice cream at the store on Saturday, and I was oh so sad Sunday night when I ate...nothing. Poor me...

Shannon said...

Personally I think non fat ice cream is a joke. If you need to enjoy or pity yourself occasionally then you should go full scale:)
Sorry your having a tough time of it.

jenn said...

If there is one thing I've learned in my 28 years, it's that pity parties only work with the full fat, full calorie versions. If you decide that you really need more ice cream, I have 3 cartons of the full fat stuff that I forgot to put out at the party. You are welcome to come get one or two, or all three.

Glenn and Natalie said...

Buy the full fat, just not the full size!
Hopefully there will be no pitty party tonight...and if there is, just think of the ice cream as FHE treat!

IzeOfLight said...

Low-fat never should be an option. If it grows in a low-fat variety, bring it on, but making something that should be tasty and yummy into low-fat? No. Just. No.

Those darn marketers . . .

Love you! Good luck getting through this, whatever "this" is.