Here are a few quick tips, just for the sake of humanity:
These are not the same words:
Moral and morale
Their, they're, and there
It's and its
Employees, employee's, and employees'
Right and write
If you use a spellchecker and it says that the word you typed is not a word, trust it. Pick a different one. You are not William Shakespeare. You don't get to invent your own words.
Also, my plea to everyone everywhere: take a few minutes to proofread before you post to a public forum, especially when I'm obligated to read what you wrote.
Seriously, people. This isn't fourth grade. Step it up.
9 comments:
Add then and than
to, too, two
and infer and imply
I think you meant "This isn't forth grade."
And loose and lose. I thought that one an easy one too, but I'm seeing it more and more.
and
regime and regimen
nauseous and nauseated
very and vary
course and coarse
Bean and been
Oh, wait...you're not in Canada...
:-)
Had a few more on the posts yesterday:
Company's and companies
Through and though
Through and threw (seriously, people)
Did my comment get the boot? Maybe I was grammatically incorrect?
No, you didn't get the boot, Bonny--I was reading them and I remember giggling at yours, but I must've not hit the post button. Sorry. It's there now. :)
Post a Comment