There is an episode of Seinfeld where George talks about having the "summer of George." I was thinking about that today as I embark on a "summer of work." As usual, I will be working full time this summer (summer is just not nearly as exciting when you are an adult). Additionally, I will be going to school, also as usual, but taking three more credits that I have taken in past semesters. I am tired of going to school, and ready for it to be over, so I'm going to buckle down and work really hard.
In fact, this won't just be a "summer of work" - this will continue through April of next year, when things will cool down for a final semester or two. I had originally titled this posting and piece of my life as the "summer of lame," but I'm trying to have a better attitude about it. "Summer of work" was as positive a spin as I could put on it. I'm still in the revision process on that one.
On a more exciting note, as I was reviewing school stuff this morning, my status lists me as a senior now! I must've completed enough credits during the last semester to bump me into senior status. I'm fairly excited to begin my senior year. I have had at least two junior years, so I'm glad that I'm moving on. What does a senior year entail? Television leads me to believe that I should be partying, taking part in internships, applying for big scary jobs, etc. I have plans to do none of those things, but I appreciate TV's warm, glowing advice nonetheless.
01 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think it was the summer after Javi was born that JC goofed off all day one day and I was like, um, what? He was like, it's summer vacation... Um, yeah, grownups just keep working... I think this is why it took him 2 years to finish his thesis....
It will be busy, but it will be progress!! And soon enough, it will be over!!!!!!
We are excited you have joined the ranks of us "Seniors". In fact your Mom has even been invited to join AARP. (Just like a dream come true...)
Post a Comment