One of my classes this semester is a presentations class, where we all have to prepare and give several presentations to be evaluated by the other students and the instructor. It's a night class, so everyone is a bit older, all married except me and maybe 2 other students, and most have a few kids.
Although my class is often slow-moving, there are some FUNNY people in it, and we often have some delightful things come up during class. Here are a few tidbits that have happened during the presentations that students have given.
"PICT0558 (said in words--"pick-tow-five-five-eight"): The crown jewel of Guatemala" (The student had to do an impromptu presentation using some pictures, and one of those pictures was labeled PICT0558. Too funny.)
"Is that a plane? No. It's Superman." (Completely deadpan, in a presentation about how Superman is better than Batman. I strongly disagreed, but still, it was hilarious.)
"BYU: Not for Everyone" (In a discussion about BYU's honor code.)
"He's a cuddly old man who hates the government." (In a graded presentation; in reference to a presidential candidate.)
"See in this clipart how the money is being shaken out of this guy's pockets? No one likes that."
Then, I had a strange conversation with a funny guy who usually sits in the back by the door near me. (Me? In the back? By the door?? Of course!)
Guy in Back: "Do you do this for a living?" (asks me this after my presentation yesterday, my second presentation for the class)
Me: (Some smart remark about how funny he thinks he is)
Guy in Back: "No, seriously."
Me: "Oh. Yep." (Thought everyone in the class knew that I presented for a living.)
Guy in Back: "Not fair. It's like you're cheating."
Yep, it's like I'm cheating. And guess what? I don't care.
28 May 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That must mean that your presentation went well yesterday. See how cleverly you disguise your last minute preparation!
Hilarious lines! Man, if I were still in Utah, I'd do whatever I could to also be in the back of that classroom near the door so I could take a peak at everyone's presentations, especially yours, since you know I think you're awesome and hilarious.
Post a Comment