17 May 2008

Social Impairment

Hi.  My name is Liz, and I'm socially impaired.  I say the wrong things, do the wrong things, and often make situations awkward and uncomfortable with my mere presence.

This social impairment creates a great deal of anxiety for me when I have to go to social functions.  I think that it's safer for me and everyone I know if I just stay home with the TiVo and the Xbox.

That's really all I need.

5 comments:

somebody's parents said...

Blame it on your dad. But I remember that I am awesome and I don't worry about the rest.

somebody's parents said...

Blame it on your dad. But I remember that I am awesome and I don't worry about the rest.

somebody's mother said...

I think you are judging yourself without a clear view of how things really are. I don't see much difference between you and most other people when we are out in a group.

Unknown said...

I feel the same way, Liz. It's those times, just after you've said something, or done something and a chilling silence ensues... and you wonder... "what? what did I do?"

CS said...

my life would be worse off if you weren't around making witty remarks- so keep 'em coming! i love it!