09 January 2013

Getting in my Face Time

One of my nephews, Moo, recently discovered FaceTime. His mom has an iPod, and I have an iPhone, so we can talk together face-to-face. He and I have video chatted before, but this is easier for him because he doesn't have to go into the computer to do it.

At some point a couple of weeks ago, when we got on the call together (which he had initiated, telling his mother he really needed to speak to me), he said "Hi Tita [his name for me], I haven't Face Talked you in such a time!"

So, so cute.

Yesterday, he wanted to "Face Talk" me again. So we did. At one point, we were discussing my schedule. He's very advanced now, being six years old, and asked me when I'd be coming to visit him. I explained when my next planned trip was.

He asked if had to plan around breaks or take turns with other people to go on trips. I thought this was an adorably brilliant question, and I explained to him that while I'm in school, I have to plan around breaks, but in the fall, when I start my job, I'll just have to take turns with everyone.

He followed up by asking what I was going to do for a job. We've discussed it before, but he really has no frame of reference for it, so it's difficult for him to grasp.

I explained again that I was going to be a lawyer, and he then asked what lawyers do. I explained that lawyers help people solve their problems, sometimes by going to see a judge in court to have the judge make a decision.

He then asked, "is it like a tennis court?"

I burst out laughing and told him that a tennis court was a kind of court, but this one is a court of law. I told him I'd have to send some pictures to explain, and he seemed satisfied. He then carefully marked the date on his calendar when I told him I'd be coming to visit next.

What a cute little guy. I can't wait to snuggle him up when I see him in person!

4 comments:

bh said...

he sounds so adorable!

Shannon said...

SO Cute!!!

sombody's mother said...

Such a cute guy.

LL said...

He is adorable! And he is so excited to have you come out for a visit. And he asks to Face Talk you almost daily, but usually at a time we can't (in the car, during dinner, etc.) We hung up the calendar where he marked your visit, and every day he gets it down, turns to the right page and checks it again. :-)