08 September 2012

Kindness Begins with Me

I like to help out the tourists in New York, when I have time. It's pretty easy to pause for a moment when you see a lost person, ask them if they need directions, and then point them to the right subway line or the right street so they can head on their way. Sometimes, if I really have a lot of time, I'll stop when I see one tourist taking pictures of their companion and ask if they'd like me to take a picture of them together.

So the other night, I was walking home from picking up some Panera (mmmm...Panera...), and I saw a couple of women standing by the subway entrance. One was getting into position to pose for a picture by the sign for which station it was, while the other was prepping to take her picture. I thought, "When I get up there, I'll ask if they'd like a picture together." And I smiled as I thought of how adorable they were, so excited by the subway.

Then as I got closer, I saw that the woman posing for the picture was completely topless.

I did not offer to take a picture for them. I walked on by.

2 comments:

LL said...

Ha! I love New York!

jenn said...

Thanks for sharing this story. I laughed and laughed.