03 June 2011

Vacation

This is the last weekend of my vacation. Monday, I start my internship. I am incredibly excited, and I'm ready to begin, but that's mostly just because my super-awesome house guest, LL, is gone, and I'm not having nearly as much fun without her.

That's right--I had company! LL arrived last Thursday for a sisters' weekend here in the city. LL now lives in the country, so I went up to the airport to ride the bus home with her because I didn't want her to end up in Astoria or something. Her flight was very, very delayed, but she finally got here.

We went to the temple, we went to a Broadway show, we shopped, we walked and walked and walked and walked (9 miles one day, probably 5 miles another day), we ate gooooooooood food, we laughed, we lounged, we talked and talked and talked, and we just had a grand ol' time. 

This was the first time LL's husband, JC, and her three boys, ages 6 and under, were all home without LL. The boys pulled out a miracle and napped, slept in, went to bed early, and went pretty easy on JC. Of course, now that LL is home, they're back to their usual behaviors, but...

Manhattanhenge - twice a year, the sun sets perfectly aligned with the grid here, and because of the tall buildings and view of the horizon, it's pretty spectacular. LL and I caught this on Monday. This shot is from a minute or two before the perfect alignment.
And perfect sunset. Jealous? Come visit. :)
The day before she left, we were talking on the phone with her boys. I teased Moo, her 4 year old, saying that I was thinking about keeping her forever. He replied that I could keep her for one more week. What a sweetheart! I wish I could keep her forever. It was so fun to show her around my city and to just have someone to laugh and enjoy my break with. It was perfect.
Looking across the reservoir during our walk home after Manhattanhenge.

3 comments:

Camille said...

Yes, I am jealous. And yes, I am planning on visiting. :)

LL said...

Those pics turned out great! I deleted the skank picture when I was importing everything, and thank goodness I did. Bean came in and wanted to see my pictures. That would have been a hard one to explain...

Shannon said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun! Its awesome that she got to come and visit!