20 July 2010

Things People Say

Life's funny. When you tell people that you're making a major life change, EVERYONE seems to have an opinion about it. It's amazing how many law school "experts" I've met since I've become more open about my decision to attend.

Because my choice in law schools is taking me to another city, I also get to hear lots of very strong opinions about moving and about New York.

It occurred to me the other day that you might find some of these things interesting as well. So here they are, the good, bad, and ugly, in no particular order, and without attribution since, well, lots of these things have been spoken by my various blog readers. Love you all! Without you, I would laugh far less frequently, and my life would be the sorrier for it.

Things people say about law school:
  • Don't you hate school?
  • Didn't you just graduate?
  • You're going to meet so many great guys! (ed.: uh...)
  • My condolences.
  • Congratulations!
  • Huh.
  • Really?
  • Why?
  • That's so exciting!
Things people say about New York City:
  • Are you sure you made the right choice?
  • Maybe you should start carrying some pepper spray.
  • Don't take anything you don't want to have stolen.
  • You're going to get to see so many fun things!
  • How will you afford that?
  • As long as you go home before dark...
Love you guys! Thanks for your adorable, hilarious support!

2 comments:

LL said...

I believe "Don't take anything you don't want to have stolen" was me. Not that you own anything that you DO want to have stolen. I was thinking collectibles that you don't use, leave in storage in Utah instead of cramming them into your apartment in NY...

I am lame.

Camille said...

Hmmmm. Anyone say 'Watch out for cockroaches' yet? Because seriously, WATCH OUT FOR COCKROACHES. Yucky New Yorky apartments...

p.s. They don't die automatically when you spray them with bleach. I'm just sayin'.
p.p.s. they also don't die with a bleach/ammonia death mix.