20 July 2010

Sold!

I sold my car yesterday. It was very, very sad. I'll spare you the melancholy details, but I did sell the car. I suspect that my insurance company was baffled as to my sniffly nature when I called to cancel my policy, but they didn't say anything about it, which was nice.

I immediately took the cash from my sale down to my local financial institution to deposit it where it would be safe and sound. Since this local financial institution is where I was employed until recently, I know basically everyone who works there, and they all assured me that my car wasn't cool enough to be sad about. Hosers.

It's odd to not have my car sitting outside. One thing that I've mentioned to several people is that I've had to give up many things to go to law school, and selling my car was the last big, tangible thing that I had to give up. I told my mom that now I have no tangible property, and she assured me that I have a "couple of little things."

If I have to sell my TV, I may die of a broken heart.

4 comments:

jenn said...

I'm glad that you were able to sell it. I'm sorry that it was emotional for you. Everybody has things they are attached to that others don't understand. For me it was the color I painted the living room of our other house. Shed a few tears over that one.

Rachel Leigh said...

Cause the TV is freaking awesome... that is why it would be a sad day if you had to sell it. I am sorry that your car is gone, but school is going to be so worth it! You will see!

Rachel Leigh said...

And you will get an even cooler car after you are done with school. See? It will be ok.

LL said...

Don't sell the TV!!