I strangely have two very close friends named Kimberly. And neither of them likes to be called Kim, so I always cringe when anyone calls either of them by that nickname.
One of my Kimberlys is from my childhood, while my other Kimberly played an important role in my New York life, before she had to relocate.
They're both fantastic listeners, patient, kind, hilarious, and loving.
They're both the kind of friend that, even when I haven't spoken to them in ages, we can pick up right where we left off like no time passed at all.
This week, I've had some really challenging days. It seems like work and my personal life ganged up on me this week to see how much I can take.
Turns out, I can take a lot.
I reached out to both my Kimberlys this week for support, and there they were, ready to listen, counsel, and love.
I'm so blessed with friends to take such good care of me.
Someone once told me that friends are the family you pick.
I must be a really excellent picker.
I don't know how I got to be so lucky.
23 March 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are an amazing friend! I am pretty good at picking them too if I do say so myself. :)
Post a Comment