Today I got an email from a customer service person noting they had taken care of my problem and apologizing for the delay in crediting my account for a return. (So far, so good--I did contact them, I did have a problem, and that was what I needed--I felt pretty great about it). Then I realized that the email was addressed to Peggy. Not my name. Not even close. The email is a reply to one of my earlier emails which was appropriately addressed, and it has the right dollar amount for my credit, so I think it's going to happen. But I'm not Peggy.
I also got an email from someone following up on our phone conversation yesterday. (So far, so good--we did have a conversation yesterday.) However, the things he is discussing are not things I asked him about yesterday, and he mentioned other things in the email that are totally inapplicable to me. Awkward...I appreciate the follow up, but it would make a bit more sense if it were about something I had asked him.
It seems like the world is only paying half attention to me. Maybe it's because life at BigFirm is keeping me pretty busy, and I'm only paying half attention to the rest of the world.
Or maybe I didn't notice that someone changed my name to Peggy. Tough to say.
Awkwardly, I should probably respond to the email "following up" on my phone call yesterday...not sure what to say though.
17 July 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Maybe Peggy is your alter? The lady that does AP/AR in my office has an alter when she does collection calls. We named her Gina. Her real name is Lisa. I dunno. Just a thought.
Since I've read this post I have had 2 similar incidents. I think your curse/blessing rubbed off on me.
Maybe your next post should be about how random strangers give you money... ;-)
Post a Comment