28 October 2011

Oh, Netflix

As I've discussed before, I love the things Netflix thinks it can determine about what I want to watch. First, I've because I've watched Battlestar Galactica (don't judge, I grew up with a lot of brothers), it recommended a bunch of period pieces in a category called "Feel-good Dramas Featuring a Strong Female Lead." Uh, have they ever seen Battlestar Galactica? I wouldn't use those terms to describe it, nor would I think that someone who watched it would necessarily love Pride and Prejudice...

The other category it made for me the other day was "Understated Foreign Mother-Daughter Movies."

Because I only like Mother-Daughter movies when they're understated, apparently...

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Apparently I like "Visually-striking Action Sci-Fi & Fantasy on Blu-ray" because it's just not the same on DVD.

Camille said...

Amelie was recently recommended to me "based on your interest in 30 Rock, Arrested Development, and The Office."

LL said...

I am always puzzled how they can decide that because I liked, say, Super Size Me I'm going to also like something that isn't a documentary or about food, nutrition, health, etc.

Our Netflix probably thinks I'm bipolar, since we just have the one account and JC and I don't necessarily like the same types of movies.