12 February 2010

Beggars Can't Be Choosers

Some of my loyal blog readers (read: LL) have complained that it has been three days since my law school announcement with no follow-up information or other amusing anecdotes.

I'm actually on vacation right now and totally reserve the right to not discuss the law school thing today, but I will give a picture and quick rundown of my day.

Car rides: 2
Train rides: 7
Ferry rides: 2
Blueberry croissants: 1 (sooooo worth every calorie)
Street vendors: 483,209
Guys dressed like the Statue of Liberty: 4-8
Ridiculously and hilariously inappropriate street vendors: 1
People dressed like they should be visiting California: 47
Cheesecakes: 1 (one slice--I'm not just eating whatever I want...sort of...)

On tomorrow's agenda? More crazy touristy stuff, family get-together, and bagels. Vacation is the best. Maybe I should skip the whole law school thing and just be a perpetual vacationer. That's a job, right?

11 comments:

LL said...

Finally. :-) Thanks! Give everyone hugs and kisses from us.

LL said...

Well, not everyone. Just family...

More Bacon said...

Oh, should I not be hugging those vendors for you then?? I could've hugged the cheesecake people, I tell ya.

More Bacon said...

Oh, should I not be hugging those vendors for you then?? I could've hugged the cheesecake people, I tell ya.

jenn said...

I'm so glad the cheesecake is good, wish you could bring some of that home for me. And if you do find out that perpetual vacationer is a job, I'm coming too, as soon as I can get these pesky kids to not be so needy :)

Bonny said...

Fun! Did you get there in time for all the snow?

Shannon said...

vacation...FUN! Enjoy every minute:) and every extra calorie that you allow yourself:)

Jenni said...

You're in my backyard and you didn't even call? Looks like you're having a blast!

The Lucky One said...

i've been craving a certain diner's cheesecake from New York! it is the best. nothing better anywhere! i hope you are having fun! are you back yet? we need to catch up!
love ya!

Shari said...

Was so fun to have you here. I wish you luck in your search, but hope you'll choose to come out here and be a NewYorkan. I mailed you some phone numbers. Hope they're useful.

mkgs said...

Hi. I don't think I know you, but I got to your blog through Matt's (you know... of the Tetris?) and I immediately saw so many things I loved that I had to say something. (The quotes, the Friends, the Wait Wait! It's fantastic.) So I hope you don't mind having a blog lurker. That is all.