I love Christmas. I love traditions, I love celebrations, fireplaces, spending time with family, and I love Christmas foods.
One of the great things about having people marry into my family is that I get to add all kinds of wonderful traditions to my own. My brother's wonderful wife makes the most fabulous sugar cookies. I look forward to them all year. She has the best recipe, and I'm a total sugar-cookie nut as it is, so it's a wonderful treat.
I've been looking forward to these cookies for at least a week, since my sister-in-law advised me she'd be dropping them by. When she and my adorable nephews brought them in for me, I thanked them profusely, and then stuffed the cookies under my jacket on the counter in the back.
I spent the rest of the afternoon listening to the employees at that office whine about how I was not sharing cookies with them. I certainly would not share with them. Holiday cookies come in limited quantity, only once a year, and sharing homemade cookies with them would be like pearls before swine--they'll eat ANYTHING. It's not that I was eating in front of them--I had removed the cookies from sight, and I made no further mention of them. Later in the afternoon, my coworkers brought our department's Christmas present to this office over to them. Our present? Candy! They got candy, yet they continued to whine about the cookies.
At the end of the day, I collected my coat and my plate of cookies and left. There was a bit more whining and grabbing for cookies, but I would not relent. I think that they probably were bothering me about it more because they thought it was funny and less because they actually wanted cookies, but whatever.
Of course, the employees clearly forgot that the last time I was there, I brought them all cookies that I had purchased especially for them!
Whatever. I'm the meanest coworker ever. Cry about it all you want. I don't even feel bad--I'm here with a plate of cookies!!
6 comments:
Okay, so this had a totally different ending than I was anticipating with the headline. I was picturing that a horrible, horrible co-worker stole your cookies. And what did I hear in my head?
"My sandwich? My sandwich?! MY SANDWICH?!?!"
=)
Ha ha ha! I wouldn't share the cookies either! Good job!
In the words of Cookie Monster- "Me eat cookies-not you!"
Cookie Monster sings----
Now what starts with the letter "C"?
"Cookie" starts with "C"!
Let's think of other things that starts with "C"!
Uh. . .Uh. . . Who cares about da other things?!
"C" is for my sister-in-law’s fabulous sugar Cookie that's good enough for me, (and not my co-workers)
"C" is for my sister-in-law’s fabulous sugar Cookie that's good enough for me, (and not my greedy co-workers)
"C" is for my sister-in-law’s fabulous sugar Cookie that's good enough for me, (and not my whiney co-workers)
Oh! cookie, cookie, cookie starts with "C"!
Hey, You know what? A round cookie with one bite out of it looks like a "C"
A round donut with one bite out of it also looks like a "C" but it is not as good as my sister-in-law’s fabulous sugar Cookies
Oh, and the moon sometimes looks like a "C" but you can't eat that (and you shouldn’t moon your co-workers either)
They would never have enjoyed those cookies- they would not have been able to feel the love in each bite.
I'm so glad you didn't share. Had I thought about it, I would have brought more, but those cookies were just for you. If they need some, it'll cost them.
Well done! Those mooches!
I manage them and they are never grateful for anything! ;)
Karry, you crack me up!
I was ready to punch your coworkers for stealing your cookies. I'm glad we don't have to go there.
Enjoy your cookies!
Post a Comment