06 December 2009

Crafty Crafterson

I made a craft for the holiday season. I thought I'd include the instructions along with a picture of my finished craft so that you can all make it as well.

  • Step 1: See a cute idea on the internet.
  • Step 2: Let coworkers deceive you into believing that you're capable of creating it.
  • Step 3: Wait a week.
  • Step 4: Show cute idea to your mother. Purchase tulle with her guidance.
  • Step 5: Have your mother cut out the tulle into pieces so they turn out correctly.
  • Step 6: Leave your mother's house with specific instructions to finish by the end of the night.
  • Step 7: Wait three weeks.
  • Step 8: Get your craft back out. Re-evaluate your decision to be crafty several times.
  • Step 9: Get back to work. Tie loops of the %@# tulle around over and over and over and over.
  • Step 10: Run out of pieces after two hours of work.
  • Step 11: Cut more pieces.
  • Step 12: Finish the wreath while watching cheesy made-for-TV holiday movies.
  • Step 13: Smash enormous wreath with a broken TiVo so as to reduce its ridiculous fluffiness.
  • Step 14: Wait an hour while continuing to watch cheesy made-for-TV holiday movies.
  • Step 15: Hang wreath on inside of door because it is too cold and too late at night to open door.
  • Step 16: Take a picture of wreath, just in case it gets stolen when you finally get around to putting it outside.

So, folks, there you have it. A step-by-step tutorial for how to make a Christmas wreath. (Note: some non-essential steps may have been excluded. I'm sure you'll figure them out.)

Finished product:

5 comments:

Bre said...

Fer cute! you should, like, totally demonstrate how to make them for an enrichment activity. look at you, Liz. All grown up and crafty. :)

jenn said...

Way cute, good job. I knew there was a crafty person hiding in there somewhere. Next you'll be making all your own ornaments and selling your wares at craft shows. :)

LL said...

Very impressed. Remember those Christmas jammies we cut out while you were here, so I could get them done nice and early? Yeah, I haven't touched 'em. 19 days from now I'm hosed. Sweet.

Welsh Woman said...

Very cute.

Jenni said...

Love it! You're such a pro! I just tried and craft and it didn't go so well - but after evaluating your steps, I realized I forgot the cheesy made-for-TV holiday movies! So I'm going to get back and the craft horse, flip and the TV, and get craftin! ;)